Subject: Re: Keymaps
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/16/1996 15:29:58
On Sep 15,  1:12am, Markus Baeurle wrote:
> Subject: Keymaps
> Hello!
>
> Rob, some time ago you mentioned that you had support for loadable kernel
> keymaps in work. Will this be ready soon?
>
> Otherwise I would like to hear from Kim, who said some months ago that he had
> program which patches the kernel keymap.

Eek. Okay, two things.

1) I've had to rewrite it to conform to the new Xkb standard - this is still in
progress because I'm doing X in tandem and I keep breaking things.

2) Nuts' new console code is allegedly almost ready. I want to integate with
this. Nuts will be back in London RSN and with a decent network connection so
we should see slightly more of him this academic year.

This is what I get for try to do things 'Right' rather than going for a quick
kludge. Hmm, I guess I ought to look into how quickly I can throw together a
kludge which will be 'forwards compatible'. Oh well, its on my job list to do
before the show (along with 16bpp X, JDK, swapon/swapoff and a few other odds
and ends). MNAIH (More News As It Happens). If you want something pre-show I
guess Kim is probably your best bet.

Cheers

Rob