Subject: Re: Progress over last 4 months
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/12/1996 10:39:55
On Sep 12,  8:38am, Amit Gupta wrote:
> Subject: Progress over last 4 months
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've just come back from vacation, so I haven't been reading this list
> for the last four months. Unfortunately all my messages have been lost;
> so I was wondering whether someone from the kernel team could quickly
> fill me in on progress in the following areas, please ?
>
> 1) A7000 support. Has any progress been made in getting RiscBSD to run on
> an A7000 ? Any idea of timescales/whether it's likely to go ahead ?

Yep. It works.

> 2) Hardware floating point solutions. Has anything been announced yet ?

This is the wrong place to ask that question, but none of the RiscBSD team are
planning to sell one :) If any hardware solutions become available for RiscOS
there will be a corresponding solution for RiscBSD.

> 3) Lesstif, the Motif replacement. Any news on this ? Is it in a useable
> state yet ? If RiscBSD can be made A7000-compatible then a RiscBSD
> version of Lesstif would be very useful to me.

It is useable for a few things but not really worth the effort at the moment
given that we can release Motif binaries. Note that using it with less than
16MB of RAM really isn't sensible.

> Sorry if any of these have already been discussed to death recently - I
> looked in the FAQ and web pages and that answered most of my questions,
> but I was still unsure of the rest.

No problem.

Cheers

Rob