Subject: Re: Bootloader crashing with large disk (Sun Sep 8 00:00:00 1996)
To: None <chris@sati.demon.co.uk>
From: Simon Proven <sproven@art.acorn.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/08/1996 12:50:31
>Having run bb_riscbsd and configured the bootloader, I clicked 'BOOT' only
>to be rewarded with a tasteful set of coloured bands at the top of an
>otherwise grey screen. I have retried with various RISC OS partition sizes
>between 0.5 and 2GB, and the same thing happens each time.
>I have previously had 1.1-beta running on the same machine with a smaller
>disk, but the same memory configuration.

Apologies if I'm wrong - but have you remembered to unzip the kernel image?

I only ask because I had exactly the same screen when I'd forgotten to do
that on a much earlier kernel.

Cheers,

Simon

--
Simon Proven - Senior Software Engineer, Acorn Risc Technologies
Acorn Computer Group Plc, Acorn House, 645 Newmarket Road, Cambridge, CB5 8PB