Subject: Re: Cumana SCSI
To: Frank Lyonnet <Frank.Lyonnet@sophia.inria.fr>
From: Scott Stevens <s.k.stevens@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/05/1996 10:23:51
Frank Lyonnet writes:

 >   Hello folks, back to RiscBSD after a year ...

Welcome back.

 > I've downloaded the 1.2 beta and I'm trying to install
 > it on my 2 gig scsi disks connected to a Cumana scsi 2 (32 bits) card.
 > I would like to keep 1 gig for ROS and 1 gig for RBSD. My problem
 > is : how can I get the cylinder (start - stop) infos for the
 > partitions I have currently on my drive ( 2 1 Gig ROS parts ) ?
 > If I get those infos and overwrite the 2nd ROS part with a RBSD one,
 > will I encounter troubles ?

Not sure. In theory it might work... The best person to answer this is
probably Simon Proven. But as far as RiscBSD is concerned only the
cylinder offset is used to determine the offset of the RiscBSD section
of the disk. If this isn't used by anything else then there shouldn't
be a problem.

 > All experiences appreciated,
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 > Frank

Cheers Scott

--
Scott Stevens, Network Services Group, Computer Centre, Imperial College
KRYTEN: And there are no others who've shared moments of intimacy with