Subject: ANNOUNCE: New kernel (4626)
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 09/03/1996 17:57:22
Hi,
  Ok Announcing yet another new kernel ...

/pub/acorn/RiscBSD/1.2-beta/kernels/bsd-4626.gz

This one has two major changes over 4554 from last week.

1. Delivery of FP signals now works correctly (enquire will now work pete ;-)
   The problem was if a SIGFPE handler was installed the signal delivery code
   was called from UND32 mode rather than SVC32 mode which caused a fault.

2. Alpha support for the MCS Connect 32 SCSI card.
   (Thanks to Mike at MCS for loaning me a card).
   The MCS Connect 32 SCSI card will be detected and a cosc driver attached.
   This driver will work with card with both the old podule id and the newly
   allocated one.
   The cosc driver currently is only a polling driver so performance is similar
   to that of the cumana and powertek drivers. However it does work and will
   allow you to access sd, cd, st, ss and uk devices on the SCSI bus.
   The host id and terminataion power are taken from the same config as RiscOS
   uses.
   I hope to have interrupts and then DMA working soon. Currently the problem
is
   that I am waiting for information on how I enable both interrupts and DMA
   on the podule ;-)

NOTE: The cosc driver is still alpha and have not been fully tested yet so do
not rely on it working fully. Also don't trust it yet will all your valuable
data ;-) Having said that I expect it to work as well as the powertec and
cumana drivers.

There are other changes that has cause such a large number of compiles between
release kernels but they are not ready to be announced as are not enabled in
the kernel yet.

Cheers,
				Mark

--