Subject: Re: X11R6.1-Installation
To: None <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
From: Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen <thomassk@oslo.geco-prakla.slb.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/31/1996 20:59:10
> Date: Sat, 31 Aug 1996 16:18:49 +0100
> From: amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk (Mark Brinicombe)
>
> Hi,
>   AH I thought I had fixed the symlinks stuff. The symlink should just
> be relative to the dir and not absolution. I'll rebuild the xarm21 set.

This is not the only problem with the X set for 1.2.

When I try to install the x11base set from scratch it seems to
need the base set to be installed. It cannot find this and
reinstalls it.

Then it complains that it cannot find the X11 set.

What is wrong?

Why does it try to reinstall the base set instead of just
complaining that it cannot find it?

Has anyone ever tried to install the full 1.2 package
(all sets) from scratch?

It seems to me that I am the only person going for 1.2
on a clean disk.

Could you please fix all these problems so that I can spend
my time on documentation instead of wasting time getting
my system to work?

Kjetil B.