Subject: Re: Connect 32
To: None <berg@student.tu-freiberg.de>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/29/1996 12:10:25
>Can someone from the kernelteam tell me the current state of the
>Connect 32 SCSI-II card support in RiscBSD.
>
>Is there generally a 'state' ??

The podule is recognised.

Ok ...

I received last w/e a loan Connect32 SCSI card from MCS. This is now sitting
in my machine waiting for me to write the driver.

The current state of the driver is that it will recognise the podule and attach
a cosc driver to it. Currently the cosc driver does not actually do anything.

The main reason for that is I have only had the card a few days and the data
sheet on the SCSI controller the card uses only arrived this morning.

Now I know how to program the chip so all I am waiting for now is a bit of info
from MCS on where they map the chip registers and what custom podule registers
exist. As soon as I have that info I can start real work on the driver.

Note: The MCS Connect32 still identifies itself as a Acorn SCSI 1 card if you
read the manufacturer and podule id's. This caused problems with the asc
driver for the Acorn card.
I have a fix in the kernel so it can tell these two cards apart. I have also
told MCS about the problem.

My aim wil be to have a driver up and running before AW96.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk