Subject: Re: Unsuccessful attempt on 1.2 beta scratch-installation
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/12/1996 13:09:51
On Aug 11,  7:39am, Stuart Bell wrote:
> Subject: Unsuccessful attempt on 1.2 beta scratch-installation
> Hi!
>
> A couple of comments on the kind of critical analysis that I guess most of us
> would make after 2 unproductive days. They come from a UNIX 'near-virgin' who
> only last week amazed himself by getting RiscBSD up and running:

Its always nice to get feedback from someone for whom things went right. I do
know how frustrating it is being on the receiving end of bugs though after
having spent the entirety of the last month trying to get a commercial Unix
working and installing CD after CD of patches but getting nowhere fast
(fortunately I'm paid to do this...). I just hope our level of support is
better value for money... :-)

SCSI is a particular problem at the moment because few of the core team use it
for hard disks so we don't see the bugs.

Cheers

Rob