Subject: Re: bcopy optimisation
To: Olly Betts <olly@MANTIS.CO.UK>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/06/1996 22:13:10
>Are mbufs aligned on 4 byte boundaries in RiscBSD? Is there any value
>in placing mbufs on 16 byte boundaries - theres some speedup trick for
>that if I recall rightly.

erm mbufs will be aligned on a 4 byte boundry. There is no obvious way to
detect at compile time if it is an mbuf or not so the best thing would be to
look out for 128 bytes copies and use a dedicated routine.

>Tom Hughes said he'd got one, so I assume Mark has an optimised version.

Yep but I have not seen it yet. I have one assembly version but there appears
to be a problem with some packets that causes bad checksums to be generated.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk