Subject: Re: unixfs killed my RiscOS-HD :((
To: None <emw4maba@rghx50.gp.fht-esslingen.de>
From: Jochen Scharrlach <jscharrl@AMADEUS.INFORMATIK.BA-STUTTGART.DE>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/06/1996 16:35:04
Hi,

> > boot-drive is an "unknown drive". Can someone tell me what went wrong
> > and how I can revitalise my HD?
>
> Bah, unlucky you. :-(((
> You're probably lost, unless one of the gurus here has a hot tip.. If you try
> to reinitialise your partitions with !ScsiMgr (I know you've also got a
> Cumana), their directory information is also overwritten.

It seems that the bootblock was trashed, and I only have the
RiscOS2-PRMs, but at least I could reinstall some kind of bootblock
with "dd" which worked partially. Can anyone tell me what changes
happened to the disc format in RO3?

BTW, can anone tell me where I can get a new !Boot-suite from...?

Bye,
Jochen

--
                      EMail:   jscharrl@ba-stuttgart.de