Subject: Re: FAQ and installation guide
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@IC.AC.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 08/06/1996 12:05:32
On Aug 6, 12:31am, Markus Baeurle wrote:
> Subject: FAQ and installation guide
> Hi there!
>
> This could be Q11.9
> Q: I have heard that X11 doesn't work with the latest kernels. Is this true?
> A: In general, yes. It may work for you. Some people report that they hardly
>    noticed any difference and others can't do anything under X.
>    This is largely dependant on the interrupt timings (ie the devices you
have
>    connected) so some people will rarely see and others will see it a lot.
>    However, beta X sets for the 1.2 release are hoped to become available
soon.

This is out of date (I hope), although there is a new known bug. Solid window
drags in fvwm make the latest Xarm fall over. This bug appears to be 'a
feature' in the machine-independant code which doesn't like the way I schedule
events. This may take me a while to find.

If anyone sees the triple autorepeat bug with the new X server please let me
know.

Cheers

Rob

PS X is still alpha and will be until it is fully functional (give or take
bugs).