Subject: Re: First attempt partly successful
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Walker <cwalker@PASTON.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/02/1996 20:14:29
Kjetil Bernhard Thomassen writes:
Scott Stevens replied
> > bb_riscbsd
> > ----------
> >
> > This did not check correctly for SCSI when typing S. It always
> > ended up with using ADFS. I just made a new copy of this program
> > and set it to SCSI all the time.

>Right this little proggy has only been tested on cumana and powertec
>cards AFAIK. These cards use SCSI_DiscOp. I'll change this. The
>case-sensitivity is a problem tho'.

I emailed in about this about when I was having install problems. The
problem would appear to be the Cumana software. If it soft loads a module
then the module provides SCSI_DiscOp whereas if the module is in the EEPROM
then it provides SCSIFS_DiscOp.

The documentation on the SWI calls which was provided with the card says -

====================
SCSIDriver SWI calls
====================

Cumana's SCSIDriver is a relocatable module whose interface consists
of the following SWI calls:
 SCSI_Op               (SWI &403C3 and &603C3)

but it also says further on -

================

Introduction
============

Cumana SCSIFS is a relocatable module which provides a FileCore based filing
system for Direct Access and Optical Memory SCSI devices. In contrast to the
Acorn  Specification, Cumana SCSIFS allows drives to be mapped to be mapped
to any SCSI device number. These mappings are stored in the Electrically
Erasable ROM device on card 0.                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^

The following SWIs are provided by Cumana's SCSIFS:

 SCSIFS_DiscOp         (SWI &40980 and &60980)

Sorry to bore you all with quotes but hopefully it will avoid other people
having problems in the future.

--
             __