Subject: Re: Floating point performance
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rik Griffin <riscbsd@cheesey.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 07/01/1996 19:44:07
In message <9607011038.ZM10280@warhol.me> you wrote:

> On Jun 30, 12:38am, Rik Griffin wrote:
> >
> > I was going to provide some 'real world' figures for you from POVray,
> > but for some reason it doesn't seem to like RiscBSD :-(
> > It compiles fine, but on running, crashes out with a data abort, at
> > address 0x0000000c. If anyone can help, I can provide more info.
>
> This looks like the same problem as with X. I think it is something to do with
> signal delivery, but as I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably I haven't
> got very far with tracing it. If you have a test case which reliably produces
> the problem I'm sure Mark would like to know about it.

Well, compile the standard unix version of POVray, it needs no mods, and
compiles with no errors. Then try tracing the standard scene file
'Sunset'. This causes an immediate crash every time.

Some other scene files cause a crash, but not until they have at least
partly traced.

Next question about gcc for RiscBSD. Does the code conform to the APCS?
If not (and I suspect it wouldn't), what does it conform to, and where
can I get details please? I want to link ARM code and C together, like I
can under RISCOS :)