Subject: Re[2]: ATAPI CDROM drives
To: <>
From: Alex McLintock <Alex.McLintock@CHADWYCK.CO.UK>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/17/1996 09:19:53

> Yes, NetBSD/arm32 should deal with Rockridge just fine.

Has anyone actually plugged an ATAPI IDE CD Rom drive into
a Risc OS 3.5 RPC? Lots of people say "Yes it will work with
RiscBSD" but I tried it. I couldn't boot RiscOS let alone RiscBSD.

I know I can't use the drive until I either get RiscOS 3.6 or
a third party driver (such as Eidos? I think.).  However I assumed
that if RiscOS couldn't use the device then it would just ignore
it. - That is what PC's do.

System Config:
RPC 610, Risc OS 3.5
Conner CFS540A IDE Drive.
Goldstar R540B IDE CD Rom Drive.

(Please don't say I got the jumpers wrong - unless you know something
I don't).

Oh and yeah, I know this is a RiscOS type question and not directly
RiscBSD but....

[ Last question ]
Has anyone compiled Unix commander? (UC)
I tried but it got confused over some screen handling routines and
termcap/curses is not my strong point. On the other hand I compiled
Xmaze and Xtetris without any hassle whatsoever.

Alex