Subject: Re: ATAPI CDROM drives
To: None <port-arm32@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Brinicombe <amb@physig4.ph.kcl.ac.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 06/14/1996 21:34:57
>Has anyone tried a Goldstar IDE ATAPI CD Rom yet? is there
>a compatibility list? Is it possible to use RiscBSD to read data
>off a "RiscOS" CD Rom - eg one of the PD/Shareware ones - and then
>use Unixfs to transfer it to ADFS? I assume this requires the
>CD to be in an ISO format and also that the files are in some
>kind of archive (or else filetypes will be lost during the transfer).

I have tried 1 4x Goldstart CDROM drive. I'll have to check the model. It
worked fine with some CDROM's but did not like any Gold CD's.
RiscBSD handles standard iso 9660 format CDROM's so there are no problems with
reading "RiscOS" CDROMs.

There is not a compatibility list yet. If people will email me to let me know
if their drives work or not I will start one.

Cheers,
				Mark

--
Mark Brinicombe				amb@physig.ph.kcl.ac.uk