Subject: Re: R140 w/8MB and PowerROM on AKA-32
To: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm26
Date: 07/03/2001 22:07:40
[ Forwarded to the list with permission ]

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote:

> - The PowerROM probes ok and gives:
>   powerrom0 at podulebus0 slot 1: card id = 0xa1

Excellent.  I'll start adding PowerROM support to our drivers.  asc(4)
still needs to be ported to arm26 though.

> - The HCCS IDE card probes correctly, but does not find the onboard 210
>   MB IDE drive. Have I connected it incorrectly?
>   hcide0 at podulebus0 slot 2

Hmm.  I haven't yet tested the connector for an on-board drive on mine
(the only 2.5" drive I've got is firmly screwed into my A3020, and a pain
to get out).  I'll try it and see if I have the same problem.

> - ioeb_match: ID = 3

That's just odd.

> There is a possibility that the kernel gets confused as it seems that it
> at first gets an IP address from from Shiva AccessPort ISDN Router, and
> then, after that fails, I try again and it should get the correct
> address from the NetBSD box. Here is a transcript of what happens. Maybe
> you can see something from that:

Can you get a tcpdump log of it?  It looks to me like either the
AccessPort or the DHCPNAK is confusing it.

> Then it boots normally until it gets to after clearing /tmp.
> A panic is then triggered and it seems to be in syslogd with:
> unhandled fault at 0x705bc (error=6)

This may not actually be a panic.  I have a feeling the kernel will drop
to the debugger just before sending a SIGSEGV, since it used to be the
case that most of these were actually kernel bugs.  I'll look into it.

> Obviously, I can't offer you a dmesg, but if you tell me how to boot
> singleuser, I can probably get you one.

BBBB -s should be your friend.  So might BBBB's manual page:
<URL:http://www.tac.eu.org/cgi-bin/man-cgi?BBBB+.arm26+NetBSD%2Dcurrent>