Subject: Re: R140 soon with 8 MB RAM, new snapshot?
To: None <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-arm26
Date: 07/03/2001 08:37:59
This message is in MIME format which your mailer apparently does not support.
You either require a newer version of your software which supports MIME, or
a separate MIME decoding utility.  Alternatively, ask the sender of this
message to resend it in a different format.

--680770252--1551797476--2006296785

In message <Pine.SOL.4.33.0107030052170.28837-100000@libra.cus.cam.ac.uk> you wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote:
>
> > > At the moment, no.  I'd like to add proper support for the PowerROM, which
> > > shouldn't be hard, since we've already got support for podule loaders in
> > > general (I needed this to get the Ethernet address out of my EtherLan
> > > cards).  If you don't mind testing things, I'll try to do some work on
> > > this soon.
> >
> > Testing is the main reason I decided to upgrade at least one of them to 8
> > MB,
>
> Right, this looks pretty simple.  Could you:
>
> - Send me the "Cardxx" entries from Resources:$.Resources.SCSIDriver.Msg1,
>   as mentioned in your correspondence with Gary Partis, and

Attached.

> - Try out the following patch (with "powerrom* at podulebus0 slot ?" in
>   your kernel config), which attempts to ask a PowerROM what card it's on?
>
> If you can't compile arm26 kernels yet, I'll make one for you.

I'm afraid that my x-build system is screwed up at present, so if you
could please make a kernel for me, that would be good.

Please include the hcide driver as well so that I can test that, and
maybe be something installed on my local IDE drive on my R140?

TIA!

Kjetil B.
--680770252--1551797476--2006296785

DevHead:Device Type              Capacity    Vendor   Product          Re=
v  Level
CardHead:Card Hardware     Type
Generic:Generic
Card@@:Unknown
Card01:8 bit SCSI-1
Card02:16 bit SCSI-1
Card03:16/32 bit SCSI-2
Card04:Network 16 bit SCSI-1
Card0a:32 bit Ultra SCSI-3
Card0b:32 bit SCSI-2
Card0c:32 bit Ultra SCSI-3
Card0d:32 bit SCSI-2
Card11:16 bit SCSI-1
Card12:16 bit Cached SCSI-1
Card13:Turbo 16 bit SCSI-1
Card21:16 bit SCSI-1
Card31:8 bit SCSI-1
Card32:16 bit SCSI-1
Card33:16/32 bit SCSI-2
Card34:32 bit Ultra SCSI-3
Card41:8/16 bit SCSI-1
Card51:8 bit SCSI-1
Card52:RedShift 16 bit SCSI-1
Card61:16 bit SCSI-1
Card71:16 bit SCSI-1
Card72:16 bit SCSI-1
Card73:8 bit Turbo SCSI-1
Card81:Connect 32 bit SCSI-2
Card91:16 bit SCSI-2
Carda1:16 bit SCSI-1
Cardb1:32 bit UltraWide SCSI-2
Carde1:Parallel ATAPI
Carde2:ADFS IOEB ATAPI
Carde3:ADFS IOMD ATAPI
Cardf1:Parallel SCSI-1
Cardf2:Econet SCSI-1
Cardf3:uPodule SCSI-1
Cardf4:EPST SCSI-1
Vend@@:Powertec
Vend10:Morley
Vend20:Oak
Vend30:Cumana
Vend40:Lindis
Vend50:HCCS
Vend60:Techno
Vend70:Arxe/TSP
Vend80:MCS
Vend90:Castle
Venda0:Acorn
Vendb0:Symbios
Vende0:Misc
Vendf0:Misc
Type@@:Unknown
Typeff:Host
Type00:Direct Access
Type01:Sequential
Type02:Printer
Type03:Processor
Type04:WORM
Type05:Read-Only
Type06:Scanner
Type07:Optical Memory
Type08:Changer
Type09:Communications
Size@@:Unknown
Error@@:Severe internal SCSI diagnostic error
Error01:Unknown SCSI SWI number
Error02:Unknown reason code for SCSI SWI
Error03:SCSI bus failed to reset
Error04:Invalid SCSI ID
Error05:Invalid SCSI ID
Error09:Device not idle
Error0a:Timeout
Error0b:Timeout
Error0c:Command queue not empty
Error0d:Command queue full
Error0e:Device reservation error
Error0f:Invalid parameters
Error10:Parameter error
Error12:Operation aborted
Error13:Unexpected disconnection (device in trouble)
Error15:Unexpected interrupt (internal diagnostic)
Error20:Gross error (internal diagnostic)
Error21:Illegal command (internal diagnostic)
Error22:SCSI bus reset
Error23:Illegal selection (internal diagnostic)
Error24:Illegal bus phase (internal diagnostic)
Error25:Slot now full due to IRQ re-entrancy
Error80:Target status - Check condition
Error81:Target status - Busy
Error82:Target status - Unknown
Errorc0:Target error - No sense
Errorc1:Target error - Recovered error
Errorc2:Target error - Not ready
Errorc3:Target error - Medium error
Errorc4:Target error - Hardware error
Errorc5:Target error - Illegal request
Errorc6:Target error - Unit attention
Errorc7:Target error - Data protect
Errorc8:Target error - Blank check
Errorc9:Target error - Vendor unique
Errorca:Target error - Copy aborted
Errorcb:Target error - Aborted command
Errorcc:Target error - Equal
Errorcd:Target error - Volume overflow
Errorce:Target error - Miscompare
Errorcf:Target error - Reserved sense key
Errord0:Target error - Unknown
Welcome:Alsystems Power-tec SCSI Solution
Boot:Pressing '#' will disable the SCSIDriver...
InitCard:Initialising SCSI Host~
OkayCard:...Okay
DmaCard:~using DMA
Hello:Power-tec SCSI - Hosts found :
Passed:~POST okay
Failed:~POST Failed
FailMsg:POST Failed - SCSI system cannot be guaranteed.  Call Alsystems t=
ech support.
Pause:Press any key to continue...

--680770252--1551797476--2006296785--