Subject: Re: R140 w/8 MB and multiuser
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: port-arm26
Date: 07/02/2001 09:40:36
On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 08:21:03PM +0100, Ben Harris wrote:
> I get around 50 KB/s doing the same test.  I notice that GENERIC has
> NFS_BOOT_RWSIZE=1024.  You might try removing that and seeing if things
> get better.  I think the "bug" mentioned there was just a nasty
> interaction between my Ether3 and my EtherExpress.

Does this actually alter the buffer sizes used by the kernel when reading, or
just maximum amount of data it will try to read at once (for NFS, obviously)?
I've left this option in my kernels, hoping that it might reduce memory
requirements, but I don't think that it does. However, taking the option out
does make network access appear much snappier...

Ian.