Subject: Re: More ELF stuff
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: port-arm26
Date: 02/15/2001 13:26:03
On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 01:09:31PM +0000, Ben Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> > I haven't tested it, but I believe the patch to the compiler is trivial.
> > In the arm/netbsd/elf header file, after including arm.h (probably
> > indirectly), we simply add
> >
> > #undef FLOAT_WORDS_BIG_ENDIAN
> I think you need a way to switch this at runtime, so as to be able to
> support FPA-style hard-float as well.

Isn't there a mechanism to do this already (in userland, at least)? You can
specify different libraries to load based on sysctl settings in the ELF
ld.so.conf, can't you? Couldn't we have different a different libm for
FPA-style hardware, VFP style hardware, and load the right one depending on
the setting of 'machdep.fpu_type' (or something)?

Ian.