Subject: Re: More ELF stuff
To: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm26
Date: 02/14/2001 21:55:21
On Wednesday 14 February 2001  9:41 pm, Charles M. Hannum wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 09:36:53PM +0000, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> > Comments, flames, rounds of manical laughter?
>
> I think my reaction is more like: `Why are you complaining at *us* about
> it?  You guys invented that lossage!'  B-)

Wasn't it invented because arm refused to let us have the src to their fpa
emulation code, it's just one big data file?

I suppose we could have disassembled it, but that's probably against some
kind of license agreement.

Will the change cause breakage on the arm26 in terms of compatibility?

Should we match the natural endiness of the current target?  (do any arm
boards actually run the arm in big endian mode?)

Cheers,
Chris