Subject: Re: I will soon have an A5000 with 8 MB and FPA11
To: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm26
Date: 02/05/2001 11:34:10
On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Kjetil B. Thomassen wrote:

> Yesterday I met a friend of mine that has an A5000 with 8 MB RAM and
> FPA11, and we agreed on a price for that, so I expect that I will have
> that up and running soon.
>
> Are there any potential problem with arm26 on this one?

It's probably about the best-supported machine there is (odd, given I
haven't got one).  8Mb of memory is enough to boot multi-user, and the IDE
hard disc should work properly as well.  All you need to go with it is a
supported Ethernet card.

> The FPA11 maybe?

The FPA should be detected but not used.  I got part-way through adding
FPU support to the kernel, and got distracted.  Do tell me if it blows up
interestingly -- I've got an FPPC card, but no FPA.