Subject: Re: Another one...
To: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-arm26
Date: 04/27/2000 12:52:19
On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Michael Lorenz wrote:

> I just want to announce, that another one has joined this list - I have
> a heavily expanded A5k ( 8MB RAM from Simtec, ANT Ether3, Castle SCSI,
> 33MHz processor )

*grin* sounds much like my A3000.

> OK, enough said - I volunteer to test any new kernel / driver that may
> run on my machine.

Please try the latest snapshot if you can.  It should work, but not have
any way to mount root (which makes it rather useless).

It looks like the Ether3 driver is going to be popular.  I'll try to sort
out porting it and the Acorn SCSI one from NetBSD/arm32 sometime soon, but
that may be a little while (Real Life intervenes).  Once that's done, you
should be able to mount root over NFS.

--
Ben Harris
Unix Support, University of Cambridge Computing Service.