Subject: Re: What's difference between ARM_VECTORS_LOW and ARM_VECTORS_HIGH?
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/14/2007 16:12:00
Jason Thorpe says;

> And a lot of things that annoy us Unix guys about the ARM are pretty
> easy to forgive if you understand its history (like "why do we have a
> VIVT cache?").

It's a joy of learning experience.  How VIVT cache with physical TAG
RAM was invented and how ARM11 solves the cache issue.  It'd be
a long story, probably worth of advanced CS course lesson.

(The practical issue for engineers is ARM9 will keep popularity and not
be replaced by ARM11 SoC anytime soon.  I feel thankful for
NetBSD/arm provides a solid ground to stand)

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology