Subject: Re: What's difference between ARM_VECTORS_LOW and ARM_VECTORS_HIGH?
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/14/2007 08:19:57
Jason Thorpe comments;

> > The reason why ARM designer offers this capability is unclear to me.
>
> It means the vectors are in the kernel address space, rather than in
> page 0.  It makes VM management somewhat easier on those systems.

Ok, the point was taken.  The design intent of CP15 reg1 V bit to move
reset entry and runtime exception vector looks to pursue dual goals
somehow and "reset entry" part is troublesome (not a solution) at best.

The architect of AVR32 made extensive research about ARM and other
RISC.  It's definitely good learning experience to read the PDF identifying
which part is derived from which RISC design.  I wonder how ARM can
be multi-core embedded w/o patching shortcomings.

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology