Subject: Problems loading netbsd-current on TS7250
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Lindgren <ali@df.lth.se>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/07/2007 02:40:57
Hello,

I have built the TS7200 kernels but am having problems netbooting them on
my TS7250, on which I have successfully run NetBSD 3.0 before.

I have been trying to boot the netbsd-epe0 kernel and netbsd-epe0.bin raw
image, to no avail. Directly from tip(1):

--8<--
RedBoot> load -r -b 0x200000 -h 192.168.1.6 netbsd-epe0.bin
Using default protocol (TFTP)
Raw file loaded 0x00200000-0x004f8143, assumed entry at 0x00200000
RedBoot> exec 0x200000
Using base address 0x00200000 and length 0x002f8144
--8<--
<hangs here with no further output>

--8<--
RedBoot> load netbsd-epe0
Using default protocol (TFTP)
Can't load ELF file - program headers out of order
RedBoot>
--8<--

As a random attempt to try something else, I tried loading the raw image
to 0xc0200000 instead since this is the actual virtual address of the
kernel (although of course it sets that mapping up itself during early
bootstrap). Redboot said it didn't believe that address to be RAM (so
presumably it doesn't map any SDRAM into that range) and asked for
confirmation to continue. Upon answering 'yes', loading actually appeared
to succeed, but exec:ing the image of course caused the board to hang just
like in the first case.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact redboot commands I used to
successfully netboot the 3.0 kernel, and I erased all that stuff long ago.

Any ideas?

P.S. I am trying to modify the kernel to take advantage of the 64MB SDRAM
option my board has installed, and have identified where to add it in the
bootstrap; the first 32MB show up as 4 non-contiguous 8MB banks at PA 0x0,
0x16MB, 0x64MB and 0x80MB -- but I can't find documentation on where the
SDRAM banks of the second 32MB will show up.
P.S.

Best regards,
ali:)