Subject: HEADSUP--evbarm switching to __HAVE_GENERIC_TODR
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 02/18/2007 21:07:10
I don't think this will cause any problems, but in case it does...

I'm switching evbarm to define __HAVE_GENERIC_TODR.  This looks
to mainly affect INTEGRATOR and IQ80310 (and IOP310-based) boards
more than the others.  This removes the need for ports to define
their own inittodr() and resettodr(), and is safe for ports that
define no time-of-day clock at all.

If you have an evbarm port that defines inittodr() and resettodr(),
the changes are fairly minimal--see the imminent change to
evbarm/ifpga/pl030_rtc.c for an example of what needs to be done.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the
change.

-allen

--
Allen Briggs  |  http://www.ninthwonder.com/~briggs/  |  briggs@ninthwonder.com