Subject: Re: footbridge support for timecounter
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Hal Murray <hmurray@suespammers.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/13/2006 09:37:34
> If shark has a footbridge in it, I can't see it.  It certainly isn't
> using the code.  I don't mind working on shark, but I need
> documentation on its counters.  It looks like it might have an 8253
> hooked up via ISA...

I think the Shark came out (long) before the footbridge.

There used to be documentation, including schematics, for the Shark on
research.compaq.com.  Google still finds it, but attempts to access anything
there time out.

Shark uses the Sequoia chip set and the PC87307 Super I/O chip, both from
National Semiconductor.  If the 8253 is included in most (older) PCs, I'd
expect it to be included in the Super I/O but I don't see any mention of it
on National's overview page.