Subject: Re: How to build gzboot?
To: Tonnerre LOMBARD <tonnerre@bsdprojects.net>
From: Tom Hansen <tomh@tomhansen.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/03/2006 12:32:14
Tonnerre LOMBARD wrote:
> Salut,
>
> On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 05:04:48AM -0500, Tom Hansen wrote:
>
>> How does one go about coaxing build.sh to build the gzboot versions of
>> the kernel in
>>
>>   /usr/src/sys/arch/evbarm/stand/gzboot
>>

> What about
>
> % cd /usr/src/sys/arch/evbarm/stand/gzboot
> % make
>
> ?
>
> 				Tonnerre

I did know that directly invoking `make' in the gzboot directory was an
option.  What I didn't mention was that I'm doing an arm cross-compile
on a Debian box and thus to do a direct `make' involves setting a bunch
of environment variables, which you don't have to do when using
build.sh, which takes care of that automatically.   I was hoping that
build.sh had an option to build the gzboot stuff itself, so that I
wouldn't have to manually set all those environment variables.

As it was, I broke down and went through the BUILDING document, and
that, combined with examining the report generated by build.sh after the
normal kernel build, enabled me to set the required environment
variables manually, and then invoke the make in the gzboot directory.

-Tom