Subject: common com(4) framework
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/15/2006 10:00:50
I've noticed that a bunch of ARM related ports all seem to have their
own com-alikes in their trees.  I suspect that my new com(4) changes
will enable some, most, or even all of them to use common com(4)
framework, which might make life a little simpler/better for some of
these ports.

I don't have any ARM hardware or expertise, but if folks want to look at
it and try to convert changes, the branch is gdamore-uart.  I'm more
than happy to have other folks working in that branch, just please
contact me to let me know what you're doing.

Thanks!

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191