Subject: Re: a question about arm-gcc
To: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
From: Danny Lau <liudengcs@gmail.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/07/2006 17:28:09
------=_Part_13285_15492684.1149672489112

On 6/7/06, Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com> wrote:

> Danny Lau wrote;
>
> > this time it is a character string: *p++ = "1234567890abcdef"[ul %
> base];
> > in that lib function. The MCU cann't get correct byte-data and raise an
> > Undefine instruction error.
>
> 0. nm -Bon
> 1. hexdump -C
> 2. objdump --disassemble
>
> objdump might make mis-interpretation since it has no clue about how
> the target binary is made for the specific CPU nature.
>
> Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology

You are right. So I trace the execution flow from the beginng when poweron
in the AXD via jtag. I can see the assembly code is "ldr/str" in the case I
use uint32 data type in my code, and "ldrb/strb" when I check that lib
function.

Every thing seems ok, but that exception still happen, still puzzle me, and
still I don't know why it occur.