Subject: gzboot booting problem
To: None <port-arm@NetBSD.org>
From: Danny Lau <liudengcs@gmail.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 05/20/2006 15:12:56
------=_Part_134029_27425618.1148109176470

Hi,

I'm trying to run netbsd on the sumsung s3c2410.
I have been noticed from the gzboot source code(gzboot.c:main()),
that gzboot will booting kernel image which just concatenated on to the end
of it when md_root_size =3D 0.
So I have concatenated the gzboot image, named gzboot.bin, and the kernel
image, named netbsd.bin, by the command as follow:

$ cat gzboot.bin netbsd.bin > netbsd

But I just can only get messages from gzboot. I track the instructions
step-by-step via Jtag, and get expected value before jumping to the kernel,
that is the address where to jump is pointed to the kernel entry. Strangely=
,
when jumping, it doesn't jump to the address - ENTRY_NP(kernel_text).
Can anybody help me!

Thanks
-danny

------=_Part_134029_27425618.1148109176470

10.</div>
&nbsp;gzboot will booting kernel image which just concatenated on to the en=
d of it when md_root_size =3D 0.</div>
nel image, named netbsd.bin, by the command as follow:</div>
structions step-by-step via Jtag, and get&nbsp;expected value&nbsp;before j=
umping to the kernel, that is the address where to jump is pointed to the k=
ernel entry. Strangely, when&nbsp;jumping, it doesn't jump to the address -=
 ENTRY_NP(kernel_text).

------=_Part_134029_27425618.1148109176470--