Subject: Re: debug mode question
To: None <jack123@tammylam.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/17/2005 15:17:19
On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 12:17:53PM -0500, jack123@tammylam.com wrote:
>    I am running netbsd with an ARM cpu.

Which version of NetBSD on what kind of system with what kind of network
interface?

>    It  seems  to  go  into  debug  mode when there is a prolonged network
>    outage.

You mean when the local ethernet link goes down for a while?  What is
the system doing when it fails?

>    I have attached the debug info below.

It would help to have some more information.  It looks like you're
missing some symbols in the backtrace--not sure what you can do to
help that, but it would be useful to know what messages appear before
the db> prompt.  Specifically, it looks like a diagnostic assertion
failed.  It would probably be useful to know what message was printed
when that failed.  A 'ps' listing from within ddb would also be useful.

-allen

--
                  Use NetBSD!  http://www.NetBSD.org/