Subject: Re: change proposal sys/arch/arm/ep93xx
To: HAMAJIMA Katsuomi <hamajima@nagoya.bug.gr.jp>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-arm
Date: 10/18/2005 20:48:34
On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 02:15:00AM +0900, HAMAJIMA Katsuomi wrote:
> If there is a good way other, I use it. But I do not know "half
> direct". Please tell me that document or device using it.

It's just a term I made up trying to describe my mixed feelings - you are
doing an indirect config, i.e. don't know what devices are there and test for
their existence  by probing, but you seem to know about some devices so that
you could actually do a direct config (see autoconf(9)), i.e. call
config_found_sm() instead of config_search(). Your method might still be the
more elegant overall.

Martin