Subject: Re: NetBSD support PXA255?
To: Keichii Moto <keichiitoyota@yahoo.com>
From: Kamal R. Prasad <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 03/10/2005 22:41:27
[snip]

> Thanks for your tips, it does help me a lot.
> I have two machines: one is CompuLab SB-ATX-X255,
> and the other one is Triton.
> It's time to crack xxx_machdep.c for me ;)

I managed to get it running on Triton. If you do get
stuck in switching to virtual addressing(in function
setttb()), it is because the L1 page table entries
that netbsd copies over -contain an invalid entry. The
algorithm in place copies all entries setup by the
bootloader (redboot) until it finds an invalid entry.
Since the first one is invalid, but the rest are valid
-you need to skip it and copy over the rest.

regards
-kamal

Kamal R. Prasad
UNIX systems consultant
kamalp@acm.org

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is:-).