Subject: Re: IQ31244 SATA non-functional
To: Richard Earnshaw <Richard.Earnshaw@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/22/2005 08:52:58
--Apple-Mail-18--743440582

On Jan 22, 2005, at 1:20 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

> Yep, I think I've identified the problem.  The chips are in DPA mode.
> The
> manual talks about moving jumpers J11-14 to their alternate position,
> but
> I can't find those anywhere.
>
> And looking at the schematics it appears that on the Rev E boards, at
> least, the DPA config pin is hard-wired :-( :-( :-(

Grr, that's lame.

DPA mode isn't especially difficult to support, if you ignore the SATA
NCQ aspects... mainly just a different register layout.  You should be
able to download the manual for the chip from the Intel web site.  I'm
pretty sure the Linux "Vitesse SATA" driver (which works with the
GD31244) also has support for DPA mode.

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>

--Apple-Mail-18--743440582
	name=PGP.sig