Subject: Re: more tested peripherals on the TS-7200
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/12/2005 12:26:06
> Unless successful to keep expanding
> new market domain and applications such hardware gets saturated
> soon and goes nowhere.  In these days hardware is considered free...

I would add.  That's the reason why mobile phone market has been successful.
By downloading JAVA the small LCD wireless communication device with limited
keypad is reprogrammed on-the-fly retrieving new data from Net, bottomless
source.  Humble HW now takes wing of unlimited functionality.  It's SW what makes
differences.  So build cheap sell cheap does not matter.  HW is considered free
regardless how it's smart.  (Jobs is known a visionary.  He knows the way how to
sell higher.  Do you remember PPCLinux movement by then-ailing Apple?  Linux
does not save the company.)

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology, NetBSD, one stop shop for developers.