Subject: RE: memory based root filesystem
To: Jared Momose <jpmomose@hotmail.com>
From: Kamal R. Prasad <kamalpr@yahoo.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/10/2005 07:48:26
Jared,

 Thanks for the help. The md pseudo-device was already
enabled when I reported the problem. I commented out
the MFS option and enabled the FFS_EI option. But the
end result is still the same. It looks like the ffs
module does not know how to create / on the ramdisk
(md0a) AND/OR expects a filesystem to be ready when it
accesses the device.
   The platform is similar to lubbock in that it uses
the same underlying processor (Intel Xscale PXA255)
-but this is something that should be more or less
platform-independent and Im surprised why its not
working. Can someone provide me the equivalent config
file? The one within the distro for lubbock does not
enable memory-based root filesystem.

thanks & regards
-kamal