Subject: Re:-pmap initlialization
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore64@alkyltechnology.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/04/2005 23:06:47
Kamal R. Prasad asked;

> I found out that as soon as tlb is invalidated, the
> system goes for a toss. Does the configuration below
> look OK? The kernel is loaded at 0xa0200000 and the L1
> page table is at 0xa01fc000.
> Other than an incorrect base addr for the page table,
> what else could cause the system to go for a toss?

- xxx_machdep.c of any evbarm allocates some pmap structure
for kernel address below 2MB range.  PLS take a close look at
#define alloc_pages in the middle of initarm().

- The following debug message implicates your data segment
base is va=0xc030d000.  PLS check objdump --headers result to
see it makes sense.

> pmap_map_chunk: pa=0xa0200000 va=0xc0200000
> size=0x10d000 resid=0x10d000 prot=01
> SPPPPPPPPPPPPP
> pmap_map_chunk: pa=0xa030d000 va=0xc030d000
> size=0x3d000 resid=0x3d000 prot=0x31
> PPPLLLPPPPPPPPPP

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology