Subject: Re: Port for EB2410ITX and ABLE boot loader
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk>
From: Yong-Jhen Hong <yongjhen@alqualonde.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/12/2004 14:50:38
Chris Gilbert <chris@dokein.co.uk> wrote:
>>I guess I need to write a 2nd stage loader to load NetBSD kernel, or a
>>loader to replace
>>ABLE entirely.
>

> Talking to simtec might actually be easier.  They're quite willing to help people port to their hardware.
>
> I suspect that the message is received because currently there isn't a NetBSD port, so they don't know what kind of boot information to provide a kernel with, so won't boot.
>
> ABLE does work on both cats and the EB7500 boards.
>
> Chris

Do you mean ABLE does load the kernel correctly, but just don't
know what it is, so it refuse to boot?
Regarding to what boot information, and how it should be provided to
NetBSD kernel, I don't know that either :)  Is there any document
describing the procedure of the boot sequence besides The Source?

Thank you,
yongjhen