Subject: Re: port for Samsung S3C4510B (ARM7TDMI)
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=F6rn?= Seger <joern.seger@udo.edu>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 09/06/2004 15:26:22
On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 15:03, J=F6rn Seger wrote:
> Some additions:
>=20
> 1) The CPU is based on the ARM7TDMI design
>=20
> 2) When I grep arround in the code, I found some CPU_ARM7TDMI define area=
s in=20
> "arm/cpufunc.*". So I believe CPU/MMU and TLB is basicly supported.
> Am I right?
>=20
> My questions:=20
> Would it just be the addition of
> options	CPU_ARM7TDMI=20
> in the kernel config to add the CPU-support?
>=20

It should be, but I can't off-hand see a committed port that uses this
CPU, so can't give any guarantee that it works correctly.

> On what port should I base this addition?
>=20

A (very) quick glance at the product guide for the chip suggests it
*might* be similar to the evbarm configs for Sumsung's arm9 devices,
based on the S3C2XXX, so the SMDK2410 and SMDK2800 might prove to be a
good starting point.

R.