Subject: Re: SHARK booting fails for -current
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm
Date: 07/01/2004 23:04:22
> On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 03:14:19PM +0200, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> > have seen many comments here about objcpy failure etc. but honestly i dont
> > know if i can blame the failure of booting my Shark on 12 June releng
> > snapshot of 2.0. It might have something to do that its over 2Mb?
>
> It most certainly is the objcopy issue. We need to address it for the
> release. Any takers for a shell or awk script generating the ldscript?

I agree this needs fixing.  I'm disappointed that despite Jason's
objection to my proposals nothing has come of all this.

On the 2.0 branch my inclination would be to go with the link script that
does the correct thing rather than trying to create shell scripts that
magic this all up from elsewhere.

Principle of least complexity...

R.