Subject: Re: link_set_... sections and objcopy
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Hal Murray <hmurray@suespammers.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/19/2004 13:07:52
> There is no bootblock on shark - firmware does it all. (And all
> efforts to write a working bootloader have failed so far, blamed on
> firmware bugs)

How hard did anybody work on a bootloader?

What version of firmware were they using?  The older firmware that shipped
with most/many Sharks won't load from disks.  The version of Sep 1998 works
better.

I'm only interested in two cases - disk and ethernet.  Are there others?  How
hard would it be to write a bootloader that didn't use the firmware?