Subject: Updating Shark to current/2.0
To: None <port-arm@NetBSD.org>
From: Hal Murray <hmurray@suespammers.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 06/06/2004 11:55:10
[Context is hang when running find or du over a big chunk of disk.  Advice
was new kernel.]

Is there a ready-to-go pile of Shark bits for current?  If so, where?  I
didn't find a shark slot in sup.   ...

This looks like the best recipe to update from 1.6 to current.
    http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#updating
Is that likely to work without much tinkering if I'm willing to let the
machine do a lot of work?

I think I built a kernel correctly.  It boots, and ran a lot of disk activity
without hanging.

But the network didn't work.   Will that all get better if I keep going and
build/install a new userland.  Or will I be getting in deeper?   (Backing out
of a new kernel is simple.  I've never tried backing out of a new userland.)

What's the schedule for 2.0?    Should I just wait a while and help with the
official pre-release testing?