Subject: RE: KERNEL_BASE_VIRT & KERNEL_BASE_PHYS
To: None <Lin.Colin@iac.com.tw>
From: Richard Earnshaw <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/30/2004 15:32:47
On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 10:08, Lin.Colin@iac.com.tw wrote:
> Hi there,
> I tried to objdump my kernel and found that there are explicit LMAs in it, but ICE/CCS2 still can't load it onto the physical address 0x10200000.
> Is there any means to solve this problem? Without ICE, it's hard to debug my kernel before it can successful bring up com port driver.

Check to see if your ICE driver software has a flag to cause loading at
the LMA.

If it doesn't, then the way I've worked around this issue in the past is
to use objcopy to generate a .bin file (the raw image) and then use the
ICE driver program to explicitly load memory at the required address
with the binary image.

R.