Subject: Re: KERNEL_BASE_VIRT & KERNEL_BASE_PHYS
To: None <Lin.Colin@iac.com.tw>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/27/2004 13:53:01
--Apple-Mail-26--434717383

On Apr 26, 2004, at 6:55 PM, <Lin.Colin@iac.com.tw> wrote:

> When the compiled kernel, which is of ELF format, is loaded by ICE,=20
> ICE tries to put it to 0xc0200000 and then it produces an error=20
> because dram isn=A1=A6t there.
>
> What=A1=A6s wrong with my KERNEL_BASE_PHYS & KERNEL_BASE_VIRT setting?

Nothing is wrong with them.  You need to adjust your linker script to=20
provide explicit LMAs so that the ICE will load them at the physical=20
address, rather than trying to load them at the VMA (virtual address).

--Apple-Mail-26--434717383
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-26--434717383--