Subject: Re: find/du hangs on shark
To: None <port-arm@NetBSD.org>
From: Hal Murray <hmurray@suespammers.org>
List: port-arm
Date: 04/26/2004 08:15:30
> NetBSD-1.6 on the Shark is known to hang occasionally during heavy
> disk  i/o activity. I don't think the exact reason was ever
> discovered,  although there seemed (at the time) to be some dependency
> on the brand  of HDD installed...

Thanks.

This is more than "occasionally".  I can easily make it happen.  Or rather, I
can't make it not-happen.  fsck during reboot is the major chunk of the cycle
time.

I'll be glad to try to get more information if somebody wants to teach me how
to debug this sort of thing.  The system locks up so I have no information.

If not, I'll try NetBSD-2.0