Subject: Re: 1.6.2 on Shark: X server crashes
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: port-arm
Date: 03/28/2004 23:08:14
On Sun Mar 28 2004 at 20:57:34 +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found that XF86_SVGA tends to crash "all the time"... e.g., I have
> a PDF file that, when viewed via xpdf, crashes it.
>
> /var/log/xdm reports
>
> Caught signal 11.
>
> Server aborting...
>
> gdb shows:
>
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x2fe00 in dladdr ()
> #1  0xefbfb9f4 in ?? ()
>
> I tried the 1.6.1 XF86_SVGA; same crashes.
> I've tried -bpp 8 and -bpp 16.
>
> Anybody else with the same problem ... or, who uses 1.6.2 with X11 on the
> builtin graphics and without problems?

Yes, I found out that it crashes always e.g. when starting dillo or
opening a new window in links-gui.

The universal bugfix (compile with -g) of course worked, so I didn't
get very far with debugging it yet.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/