Subject: Re: no /dev/console or panic: Prefetch abort in non-USR mode (was )
To: None <scw@wasabisystems.com>
From: Chris Budd <budd_iq80321@hotmail.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/26/2004 08:42:07
>From: "Chris Budd" <budd_iq80321@hotmail.com>
>Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:40:24 -0700
>
>>In short, NetBSD cannot boot from an NFS filesystem exported by a
>>Windows server.
>
>I do not have NetBSD on my x86 fully set up yet; I'll put the files on a
>Linux box in the server room to quickly test this solution.

I'm actually using "Windows Services for Unix" (SFU) for my NFS server.
However, I was unzipping the files using WinZIP.

Since I do not have access to the server room this early in the morning, I
tried the C shell that comes with SFU.  I did the gzcat and tar in the C
shell, loaded the kernel and typed go.  After a minute or so, I finally got
a prompt!  Yeah!

Thanks to everyone that responded or even thought about this problem.

Chris.