Subject: Re: ARM PCI init.
To: Snorlax <snorlax_vs_topcat@hotmail.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm
Date: 01/22/2004 09:18:34
--Apple-Mail-19--152049370

On Jan 22, 2004, at 6:53 AM, Snorlax wrote:

> Sorry for being dumbo here, but wouldn't that require a physical disk
> or at
> least allocation of memory space on a network connected computer?
> I think I'll try to fit in a ram disk into memory to use as swap.
> Any minimum/ratio requirements for swap?

If you're going to use a local ramdisk ... well, then what is the point
of using swap at all?  Swap is designed to free up RAM!

If you don't want to use swap, then simply don't configure it.  NetBSD
does not require swap space to operate correctly (I work with a number
of configurations, from large memory to small ones, where no swap is
configured).

--Apple-Mail-19--152049370
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit