Subject: Re: Naive Machine Question...
To: None <port-arm@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <locore32@gaea.ocn.ne.jp>
List: port-arm
Date: 12/20/2003 17:48:12
Peter H. Froehlich asked;

> Are there any other "decent" ARM boxes that are easier to get, and that
> can be used at least by, say, 10 students at the same time? I don't
> plan on letting them run GCC, just assemble/link/run the code their
> compiler generates, so the load should not be too high. An ethernet
> plug is a must though... All comments welcome! :-)

Intrinsyc www.intrinsyc.com of Canada is selling small and inexpensive
cubics which house PXA (Xscale derivative and StrongARM descendant
in turn) and PPC405.   I'm not aware if NetBSD is already ported for them,
but it should be easy to accomplish.

And, yes, ARM is a good 'academic' subject to tell.  Its history and evolution
is worth lecturing. "learn the processors"

Toru Nishimura/ALKYL Technology